Catch Some Wicked ZZZ’s with These Tips
Thank you David, for the inspiration, now on to the Wicked Sheets’ Top Ten Tips to Catching Wicked ZZZ’s:
10) Avoid caffeine, nicotine, or other stimulants, even aggressive television or video games at least 2 hours before bed.
9) If you must eat before bed, try something like Scottish oatmeal, red wine, or dark cherries that increase Idiopathic your melatonin production and can lead to sounder sleep. (http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/simple-ways-get-healthy-improve-your-energy-and-sleep?page=3)
8) Engage in a regular exercise routine; aim for 4 days a week of moderate exercise for 30 minutes or more.
7) Your bed is to be used for sleep and sex only! (http://www.sleepfoundation.org/article/sleep-topics/healthy-sleep-tips)
6) Engage in a regular, relaxing night-time routine: hot bath, read a book, drink a glass of wine, lights out, and slumber!
Now for those who suffer from night sweats:
5) Wear light, loose- fitting clothing (if you so choose to wear clothes to sleep in ? ).
4) Keep your ceiling fan or oscillating fan on throughout the night to ensure that air is constantly circulating. *Windows in the spring and fall are quite delightful too!
3) NO socks…let your feet breathe, especially if you are one of those people that keep the flat sheet untucked at the end of the bed.
2) Keep the light out! Add curtains to keep out the morning sun, which can increase your room temperature. Plus keeping your room dark will keep your nervous system depressed and send continuous signals of relaxation. (Drum roll please…)
1) Sleep in cool, comfortable bedding; from the mattress, to the pillows, to the sheets. Certain brands and materials trap heat and can create an uncomfortable sleep environment. My top recommendation: Wicked Sheets!
If you have any additional tips feel free to share on our Facebook page or shoot me an email and I’ll incorporate them into my next blog!
Until then, friends, sleep wicked! – A